Skip to main content

Submission and presentation planning

I have just submitted my artefact and essay I am overjoyed! Early... I know but I only had 2 free windows with reliable WiFi, today (4th) and as a back up Monday before the 10th deadline.

I had a tutorial today with Helen she expressed that my explanation for my artefact was too long and that it should only consist of a small paragraph and the artefact should be self explanatory. So I had to do a last minute rewrite and just have confidence that my dance / choreography is self explanatory! 

I also asked a few questions with regards to the presentations in January.

Obviously we have to explain our topic of inquiry and then what we did during our project. 

Helen said to mostly talk about what we have learnt as that's the main aim for these presentations. 

It's good to speak about what will happen next and how we plan on developing our practice in the future too. 

We will show our artefact during the presentation. 

Helen said we should be talking for 20 minutes. If we don't quite speak for that long she said there will be more of a chance  that the tutors will question us, so it's better to speak for longer! 

Helen said that this is more of a chance to question people where they feel there is a gap in their research project or to ask students they haven't spoken to much over this term to find out more about their Inquiry and what they have been doing. 

Hope this helps! 

Comments

  1. Hi Emily,

    Thanks so much for posting this - I've just been having a mild panic about my artifact as it's complete but I was writing a script to record over a video of it explaining it. So now I know I have written way too much!!! I know it's indicative of 2500 words so I had been working towards that. Wow so I can cut nearly everything out and save alot of it for my presentation I think.
    Thank you again for posting this.
    Just getting my word count down now too for my essay. Think I'll be finished on Thursday with the final version. Well done for getting it completed and early too! Looking forward to your presentation.
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes save it for your presentation!! That's what I am going to do too!! :) glad this blog helped!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Transferable Skills

Transferable skills As I have been delving into the world of ‘what is my practise’ I thought I would dedicate a blog to ‘Transferable skills’…to what I am doing during the year of 2020… the Covid- 19 pandemic… I should have spent this year cruising around the Caribbean, being a beach bum and performing some dreamy shows! However my world came crashing down on March 23rd, when I had to debark the beautiful Freedom of the seas, fly home from Barbados and wave goodbye to my wonderful cast! With no clue that 6 months later I would still be home… After I’d say, about 2 and a half months of grieving, netflix, home workouts and many wine bottles later, I thought it was time that I came back to reality and got a job… a normal job… This has fortunately been the first normal job I’ve had to get in about 5 years and the thought of it filled me with anxiety and dread. Anyway, cut to point, I am now working in a pub / waitressing / bar work / cleaning / making deserts, you name it! But ‘hey ho’ I d...

Welcome back! Welcome to Module 2!

I am excited to get my head stuck into some books again and continue this journey! A lot has happened in my life recently and I am now living in Brasil until May, so I will be doing this whole module here! I need to be extra organised and get my head around the time zones for all our BAPP skypes. So far from talking to peers on the course and looking over the handbook I feel like I am back at the beginning and it all feels so daunting again! I felt like this at the start of module 1 and we all managed to get through that… so I am sure we will conquer this too! Tonights welcome back Skype I felt was a great way to get my head back into ‘uni-mode’ and it was lovely to see everyone again and of course welcome the module 1s onto the course.  Helen made some great points about just delving into the course and yourself as an artist. She spoke about how some of us may feel distant because of the current pandemic, which is something I really resonate with. It’s coming up to a year since I ...

3 Blogs in 1...

This blog is split into three categories, firstly the Writing lecture with Peter Thomas, secondly a MDX Referencing workshop and thirdly Student voice leader.  Writing Lecture with Peter Thomas  -If anyone missed the lecture It has been recorded and will be accessible on uni hub which is great! Academic Writing and Analytic Writing  I am going to highlight the main points I took away from todays lecture, but I highly recommend that you watch and listen for yourself! When finding literature and reading sources of academic writing it can sometimes be over whelming and confusing. The best way Is to first just engage with the text, give yourself some time to just look through it and then pick up and make a notes on what your understood or took away from the information. Peter said, don’t worry if you don’t understand it straight away. Revisit the text and then start to just familiarise yourself with it section by section. When writing academic or analytic writing : Introducti...